Saturday, April 29, 2006

shameless self-congratulation

Well, today turned into a better day than I had hoped, and while much of it comes down to choosing the right sounds for each leg of the journey the bulk of the accolade goes to the act of simply getting out and doing something.
I had to pike on my squash game wih David due to some massive headache which I blame on the lack of painkillers given me by the dentist after the extraction on Friday. So, crawling into bed at 5pm with the intention of getting out at 10 to go downtown was the plan but it failed as I only felt worse. Sweated up a storm in the night and washed everything this morning, but felt a lot better by 1 so I decided to carry out thhe plan I laid out to YeonJi earlier in the week and dragged my carcass out to Daegok to check out the arboretum. Most of the journey I listened to 'Mingus Ah Um' (the best jazz album ever made in the goddam world) but switched to Rhian Sheehan halfway there cos that works quite well on the subway.
When I got there I sat back looking at the trees on the hills and enjoyed an icecream and some gatorade. The heat was just perfect. Warm enough to sweat if you exert yourself, but otherwise totally comfortable. I wandered around snapping mad photos of the cacti and bonsai for Todd, listening all the while to Trinity Roots, Portishead, Concord Dawn and DJ Shadow. On the subway home I got to enjoy Windowlicker (which is going into my "almost perfect" song collection) for the ride home, followed by Reckless, by Aussie Crawl. Totally mint.
Anyway, I feel better now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

I like to say things I don't mean.

Powered by Blogger