Saturday, August 13, 2005

tourist-type thing

Sorry I've not been putting photos up. Still too lazy to figure out this whole shit. I think it will never happen while I'm in korea and don't have my own computer. Hopefully next month, then I will plug more photos up here than is sensible.

Today Jenny-from-Nelson invited me out on a big tourist-y type tour in the "Daegu Vicinity".

What did we do? Well, we caught the bus with about 20 natives and a couple of english-speaking thais and visited some quite random places in the "Daegu Vicinity", the first of which was the film set for KBC's historical drama series. Its basically this whole town contructed to look like your typical Goryu dynasty-era town. It was pretty cool. And I had some ice cream.
We also cycled along a railway track in the stinking hot sun, which seemed like a pretty bizarre choice of activity, adn went to the Coal Museum to learn a little about the region's fossilised past. To be honest, that part was pretty stink due to all the exhibits being in korean. Bad enough that it was a museum about the old coal industry. Jeez, being a coal miner must absolutely suck. Fuck that.

Anyway, i just wanted to write this shit down so I could at least sort of reminisce about it later. I'm not erribly interested in fleshing out hte details and turning it into an interesting story at this point cos I'm kinda tired and scratchy and my mouth is sore from the tooth thing. Can't wait for next week.
Oh and I can't drink cos it seems like i am on 4 different kinda drug for this (Korean doctors etc loooove to push drugs). that is stink.
right. g'night

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

I like to say things I don't mean.

Powered by Blogger