Thursday, June 30, 2005

so much for that

Well games are hard to play if you can't log on and you can't log on if you can't read korean, it seems. So I didn't manage to play any fun games at all yesterday. What I did manage to do was order a meal and have a relaxing afternoon nap. I also cooked noodles and went for an evening walk to Beomeo park, which would have proably been more exciting had it not been so frikkn dark. Looks like I'm still making great decisions here.
Anyway, I managed to get those shoes changed today so now I have a pair of loafers I can slip off when entering someone's home. I hope they are comfortable. The cost about 50000won which pretty much equates to $70NZ. I figured out the exchange thing is basically just divide by 700. It turns out that many things I have bought are not as cheap as previously thought. I will need be more cautious in future, as it's quite seductive to just do the american thing and divide by 1000 to find a dollar value. No more I say! Fortunately something, like I-cafes for instance, are remarkably cheap. This right here is just 500won/hour which is pretty much 75c. Sweet!
Also, DVDs. DVDs get as low as 4000w, but more usually 9900 (divide by 700 that's about... um.... $12 or so at the top end. Why are they so cheap here? You can figure it out)

So, it's 3:30, what am I going to do with the rest of my day? Well, I'm going to eat some food and go see if I can't prepare a lesson plan for the rest of my week. My scehdule is pretty interesting. I start at 10am and teach til 12, then there's a massive split until 7pm when I begin teaching again until 10. I think I'm going to be pretty wiped out. maybe I will start sleep[ing twice a day. Then again, maybe I can't even sleep at all, did you ever think of that? I had that thing last night where i my desire to sleep kept me from sleeping. Sad.

had dinner at harvey and yung-un's last night. pizza. they told me about DVD rooms. They're these places you can go and watch a dvd on a pretty big screen with some friends or a date. They have a "reputation". If you invite a korean girl to a dvd room there is a large chance that she will say no. Particularly in Daegu. I think when I get back to NZ I will take this idea and try and hook up with maybe Arovid so people can come and rent a DVD and sit and watch the thing with silver service, liquor and the works.. Won't that be nice.
OK. That will do

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

I like to say things I don't mean.

Powered by Blogger