Friday, August 05, 2005

beomeo park

So I went or a walk in Beomeo park the other night. It's a lot like walking through central park in Wellington, same kind of just-bare-paths and no vsibility or 20m in front of you. t seemed to be on a major incline and I figured the best policy for walking through such a park (given that I know its dimensions from the streetmap at the bustop) would be to climb to the highest point and see what sort of views were available. Well, t is only at the top of Beomeo park that you will find any flat ground at all. They have scaped the whole place with that kind of gritty clay. All around are sit-up benches and stretching posts (that is, a 4' pole stuck in the ground with 3 rungs poking out either side). Also there are free badminton courts with nets and all, which I am all in favour of. There's even a benchpress with weights and all but it's def not the kind o thing you'd use alone.
So I wandered round watching the joggers and the badmintoners and a lady came and gave me some kumera which was nice, although I had just eaten and was not hungry. I also found a spot outside of an "indoor" badminton court (again, that scratchy clay surface) where there are these little stools and a sign with a cross-legged stick figure on it. A meditation zone for athletes! Go figure.
I enjoyed my walk through Beomeo park.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

I like to say things I don't mean.

Powered by Blogger