Saturday, August 13, 2005

the dentist

Yesterday morning, I visited a dentist recommended to me by a student of mine; a friend of her optometrist husband. Long story short, he extracted my lower left wisdom tooth and charged me the hardly extravagant sum of $20. That is not a typo. Twenty dollars was all it cost to have my wisdom tooth out. I am going back next week to have my upper left molar removed too, on account of its having grown sideways for the last however-many years, in spite of Dr whatsisname's recommendations that I "press against it, because youcan influence its growth" which I took to be a load of shit back in the day anyway.
It took him ust under ten minutes. I was glad that I argued before he started that the anaethetic wasn't working, and forced him to give me another dose. An unpleasant experience could have been a lot more unpleasant had I not thought something was wrong when I could feel him gouging away at the back of my mouth.
Anyway, it's out now and I am happy about that I guess. Oh, shit! I should have asked to keep the tooth! Well, I'll remember next week for sure.

By the way, it hurts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

I like to say things I don't mean.

Powered by Blogger