Monday, August 01, 2005

letter to the folks

Hey hey!Gt your parcel yesterday. Thanks heaps! Had a lovely meal of weetbix for brekky and now I'm munchin on a muesli bar for second breakfast. I had to laugh at the two minute noodles tho. Don't you know that those noodles are the staple dish here (just slightly after rice)? Heehee! They're probably even cheaper here than they are there. But still good to have the kiwi flavours. It's surprising the questions people ask you about food: "Do you have x over in NZ?". Now at least I can show a class what kiwi "Ra-myeon" (or ramen noodles I guess) is like.
The start of a new month and I'm cramming to get as many classes pre-planned as possible. This will make the rest of the month fly much more smoothly. Fortunately I have only 3 different classes, one of which is a "Screen English" class, which consists of watching "Friends" and any movie of my choice with them. I think I'm also supposed to find a script and delete some t and have them write in the missing parts as listening test. These guys aren't into talking, just listening, so it will make a nice change and a quiet end to the day. Also, as its an evening class and I'm working Saturdays this month, Saturdays are now worth $45/hr or so, so yay for that!
For my final class on Friday night we went out for Sam Gyop Sal, which is korean bbq, where there is a cavity your table for charcoal over which they lay your 4"x16" pork strips. The table is fair covered with condiments and vege/pickle bits. you just grab a sesame or lettuce leaf, pop a (cut) piece of meat in and add whatever else you like. Divine! Afterwards we went to a noraebang for some singing. I had a go at "we are the champions" which was harder than I expected and I pulled out a pretty decent version of "the boys are back in town". The guys I was with mostly sang love ballads and mostly in korean but it was a good time nonetheless. Finished off the night with mighty strong cocktails and a sober drive home.
that's all for today. luv and stuff, G

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

I like to say things I don't mean.

Powered by Blogger