Friday, September 08, 2006

from there to here

i decide to take the back entrance out of the building, avoiding the main street. i head left into the warm evening air. the back street is almost empty. far off to my right over the carparks and houses are the eastern hills. the girl in front of me spies her boyfriend across the intersection and as they embrace i walk past and spy a guy in his car watching soccer on a dash-mounted TV. as i reach the river i remember the golden string reaching from my crown to heaven and it lifts my neck and shoulders from their natural slouch. as i enter the downtown area, i realise that my feet are carrying me towards the baseball cages just as "Boys light up" comes on my iPod. I smack baseballs listening to it, checking out the hottie in the orange dress waiting in the street below. the streets are crowded and i move through like an invisible man to this PCroom. It is 7pm and i am not hungry. Later i will go to the club section of town and see if there are friends to be made. For now, goodnight

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

I like to say things I don't mean.

Powered by Blogger