Wednesday, July 05, 2006

thailand!

sawadee!
So i've been here for the better part of a week. Landed in Bangkok late Friday night/early Saturday morning and went straight to my hotel. There i met a pair of boisterous Irish boys enjoying some beers, the Argentina-Italy game, and the company of some delightfully sexy Thai girls. They filled me in on some details of living right where we are and in spite of my insistence that i wasn't interested in smoking anything, I found a foil package in my hand when C shook it goodbye. I assiduously and rather ungraciously flushed it down the loo becuase I just don't wanna deal with that. Glad I did too cos I got walloped with a massive dose of the sads about my second or third day. reverse culture shock maybe? An unwillingness to step forth and be a social man? Anyway, thanks to a new friend I have worked around that issue, mostly.
So here I am, finally out of the steamy city; now in Koh Samui staying ina bungalow near the beach called Hat Chaweng. There a plenty of half naked white people wandering around, and while I've barely been to the beach so far, the view down there is gorgeous wnough to warrant my plan to spend the entire day there with no adventures of any kind.
plans for the future: maybe some scuba diving (my back is pretty fucked and I Bangkok belly just couahgt up with me. my colon is clenching as I write this. not a good prognosis for diving). The are some jetskis so I can see myself riding one of those puppies all day tomorrow. what would relaly rock my world would be some frisbee or soccer or cricket, or even some chess. I suppose I will have to make that happen myself, as that's the way the world seems to work these days. Today, however, I am resting myself from the necessity to make contact. I will lie on a chair under an umbrella sipping beer and reading sci-fi like a good geek should. Tonight may be a diffrent story.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erueti Brown said...

One night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster
The bars are temples but the pearls ain't free
You'll find a god in every golden cloister
And if you're lucky then the god's a she
I can feel an angel sliding up to me

*As they say bro, stay hard or stay home.

8:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

I like to say things I don't mean.

Powered by Blogger