Tuesday, July 11, 2006

....and so forth

I feel different no that I'm on Ko Tao. The coin says that I only stay here for 2 nights (last night being one of them) and then move on back tothe mainland. Matt suggested a meditation retreat which sounds lke a plan, but I'm also considering a massage course too. Except for the expense it sounds lke a good plan, especially as I just don't feel like meeting people and making friends. NOt that I ever regret it when I do, it's just... I don't know.
Anyway, today I'm going for a dive (finally) and taking my wee camera down with me. The sky is blue and so is the sea. Ko Tao is the best diving in Thailand they say, and it's a little quieter on the island right now because people have flocked down to Ko Pha Ngan for the monthly full moon party. The whole 'big rave' thing doesn't appeal to me in the slightest anymore.

Hmm.. well, that's all not very interesting is it? How about what happened on ko Samui?
Well, I did a bit of trekking around; rode an elephant, saw a tiny waterfall (after a big hike) and checked out a butterfly house. Mostly though I jsut felt ill and slept. I met some people; some english, some americans who pretended to be mexican to avoid the negative US stereotype.
I went dancing on the night of the world cup final becuase the big screens set up in every bar made it possible to dance and watch at the same time. The music is pretty good there, for what it is - a bit house-y with liberal doses of pop and the same songs every night as you'd expect. Damn I'm getting stomach cramps again, I better sign off. More again after my dive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

I like to say things I don't mean.

Powered by Blogger