Friday, September 01, 2006

back in the ROK

The flight from Auckland to Seoul was pretty empty, so my window seat companion elected to spread himself out across four seats in the centre aisle, leaving me enviously scrunched against the window. Still, having two seats to myself is certainly more than twice as good as having one, even if sleeping is still fraught with difficulties. The flight itself was quite pleasant and the views of the Pacific as I flew over were... good.
Anyway, now here I am in Busan. Yesterday I moved into my apartment in the centre of town. It still has the smell of new about it. I'll put up some pics later but here are some features:
  • the doorbell activates a camera that shows who's ringing to the person inside
  • it's got aircon yay!
  • 9th floor of 14, facing north up a big main street. noise comes up but not much smell and no mosquitos!
  • 14ft ceiling. the bedroom is a mezzanine (whatchucallit split-level?) with maybe 5ft of head space, so i have to duck up there
  • washer/dryer in the kitchenette which is discretely hidden by a pair of cupboard doors
  • shiny bathroom with an extractor fan (didn't have one last time)

I suppose I could say more, but as usual, all the stuff i want to say i thought on the plane or lying in bed and i can't remember it. This seems to be a pretty cool place nonetheless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

I like to say things I don't mean.

Powered by Blogger