Wednesday, July 19, 2006

chaing mai is cool

Had a nice night with Lee then caught the flight to Chiang Mai and slept most of the day.
Next day I got me a biCycle and rode around town, essentially i was looking for this particular wat to go on a meditation course at. When i got there i changed my mind. I just decided i don't really want another introduction to silly old buddhism, even if i do get to lern some meditation techniques. I guess maybe my old ego got stuck in and pulled it's ass out of the fire again. Self improvemt seeyalater.
So i rode around all day and it didn't take long for my ass to regret the decision, even if i enjoyed stretching my legs and doing something more physical than carnal excercise. Checked out the Insect Museum and an Art Museum. Had a nice roadside dinner. It was pretty cool - all plastic equipment. I did the Tony Bourdain and just pointed to the guy next to me, said: "Same same" and the lady brought me the same same as him. Tasty!
yesterday I did a little trek. Jumped in a bus with a pommie couple, 2 irish lasses, 2 swiss couples and 2 german girls and off we were driven to somewhere far away. Walked through some rainy jungle, crossing rivers and slipping in mud. The jungle (and the road there, actually) reminded me a lot of New Zealand (Thai people also drive on the left). Got back to the Place and had some lunch. Veryone except me rode elephants for an hour. I decided i'd rather hang back and play that volleyball football game with the little cane ball with the rafting instructors and tour operators. I don't really dig on riding elephants, unless i'm actually going somewhere. Seems kinda childish otherwise.
So anyway, after that we all did the whitewater rafting and a little bamboo rafting too, in the rain and rabpids all. Fun factor 8
Last night i went out with this dutch guy i met, and a french couple he had met down south and we had a pretty good time. Today we all had lunch together and it looks like we'll be doing a cookery course together on saturdy. And tomorrow i'm going mountain biking with the dutch guy. Even though my body is aching like rocks. I gotta go get massaged again.
Also, i think someone filched through my wallet so i have lost more money. Fuck it who cares.
Bye now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

I like to say things I don't mean.

Powered by Blogger