Thursday, June 16, 2005

whoever gets my desk will have MAD stationery

Damn straight, sucka! I be leavin my desk all pimped out fo sho'. It's got hole punch, stapler (green) and 2 removers, sticky-tape dispenser, perm markers and nice writing pens; it's got highliters and pencils, mechanical and regular; twink pen and soft erasers; even a candle, dawg! Not to mention all the labels in the drawer, day plan pad, Who called while you were out? pad, paper clips like you wouldn't believe, and enough other little clippies to handle any job comes along that's too big fo the stapler. Not to labour the point but there's also post-its of various sizes, other little post-it taggies and sign-here taggies, a good pair of sharp (i cut myself at least twice this year on em) pair of orange-handled scissors, a calc, a doc holder and a calendar holder.

Now tell me that the person at my desk will EVER have to go to the stationery room for anything but paper! You can't can you?

It's my last day and I can be as eccentric as I want. Not to the degree of photocopying my nuts, perhaps but there's an undeniable element of license given to a guy with nothing to lose. Still, I'd rather not be a pariah, so I gotta keep the tone tight. Still, there's bubbles and other wines coming up at the drinks and there'll be speeches and props and all that. Hope I can handle that shiznit. I don't think I've ever really had any kind of leaving do before cos I tend to slip quietly out the back door kinda stylie. A new experience, whahey!

So after this it's into town for a sneaky little meal just to keep the guts satisfied, maybe a couple plates at Catch, before sliding up to Vanita's with a couple bottles of nice beer. Then down to the Bodge for a mad phat boogie and a mean as hangover tomorrow. Won't be getting nothin done that day. But then again.....

Anyway.... off we go! Probably won't be putting anything into this for a while as Pete takes his box off tomorrow and I'll be flying out for Korea next Saturday and don't know when I'll be near a computer again with the urge to drivel. Good thing about this place is it's always here.

G-out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

I like to say things I don't mean.

Powered by Blogger