Monday, June 12, 2006

kick-off

it's 5:33 on Tuesday 12th June. Today is the first day of the world cup and the koreans are already going kinda nuts because: Australia nailed Japan 3-1 last night and; the Czechs beat the USA 3-0. Tonight Korea plays Togo.
Tonight the 5 lane each way, 4 road intersection outside my work is shutting down. The screen that play ads all day long are being repurposed to show the match live, beamed down onto the street come 10pm. Vendors of chicken-on-a-stick, beer and souvenirs have been setting up along the streets since before 3pm, and the sound system is being tested periodically. Speakers have been hoisted up on cranes and all kindsa shit (see photos, once I post 'em). More big screens have been brought and set up at intervals down the road.
As for me, I'll roll along and check the fuss, tqke some pics and let y'all know. It looks BIG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

I like to say things I don't mean.

Powered by Blogger