Sunday, April 24, 2005

feeling pretty blurrrh

So this head cold has seriously gotten into my head. Todd came over today with needles to acupuncture me to heaven and we got some serious qi action. Real dense pressure coming out of my upper calves and "big mound" (that muscle that forms at the back base of your thumb when you press it against the index finger). Just massive. I suppose I feel better, but gawd! It's kinda like that nasty sinus infection I had last year that kept my head on this crazy level where I couldn't tilt or bend without all the brain fluid sloshing and banging. That's not real good descriptive writing but I'm tired and sick. I've always got some excuse.
Anyhoo, I figured I'd better update this thing with the events of the weekend regardless just to keep in practise and such.

Havana
I went to Havana on Saturday night to hear Diva Mahal and Holly Smith sing their big hearts out to a crowd of dozens. First though, I sat at the bar for at least an hour, pretty much keeping myself to myself. This might not seem such a big thing, but for me it was a massive exercise in patience. Not that I was waiting for something or someone ( iwasn't, but you never know) but patience with myself withstanding the feeling of just being there alone. I'd like to say I learned something big and important out of it, but I really can't say that. I guess it was an improvement on going home in that I was actually out and maintained my outness until quite early in the morning whereas had I gone home I would have stayed put.
So after enough sitting around I got my chicken ass up and strolled around in case there was someone there that I knew (as it was clear Hellen and Nivee were never going to get there early) and stumbled across Gretchen and met her friend Wendy, so I imposed on their space until the next person I knew arrived and yadda yadda $$$ drink drink dance dance talk talk go home sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

I like to say things I don't mean.

Powered by Blogger