Tuesday, April 12, 2005

decision made

Or made for me as it turns out.

The Hess organisation of Taiwan (much like the JET organisation of Japan) has judged and found me wanting. I asked exactly what it was but I guess it's possible that there's some truth in the calim that "...outstanding applicants," beat me to the punch. So be it! I shall take my degree and frustrated ennui to a country that doesn't care who teaches it's citizens English! Fie and a pox on all who confirm my essential mediocrity!

Self-effacing enough for ya? I thought so.

Anyhoo, looks like I'll be going to Daegu http://english.daegu.go.kr/ which seems like a pretty nice place. I mean, how bad can it be? I won't be learning Mandarin this year like I hoped, but at least I won't have to face another Wellington winter. At least unil 2006 at the earliest. Although I'm not actually going until June 25 which at this stage is still, what? - ahhh fuckin weeks away anyway. Heaps of time.
So what that means is I might actually have time to train Elena in all my work shit and perhaps even my replacement will have some vague knowledge of the job before I start.
Man, just training Elena makes me feel like such a better person than Erin. There've been a couple of occasions where I've just felt so smug that I'm doing a much more patient and thorough job of it than that stiff little robot ever did for me. Oh well, takes all sorts I suppose.

So now that I'm going I guess I have lots of shit to take care of. Visas and that. Packing. Ugh!
And research! I suppose I should learn at least some rudimentary Korean. I hope the grammer is simple. I've no hope of learning much vocab in a month. Still, one should try. And of course one will.

Ha!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

like tumbler and tipsy days hopefully we will remain in high spirits. well, good day

11:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

I like to say things I don't mean.

Powered by Blogger