Thursday, February 01, 2007

diary day 1 Friday 02/02/07 1705hrs

Inspired by Henry Rollins, the hardest working guy I can think of, I'm gonna try and update this blog every day. Should be too hard seeing as I sit in front of this desk for at least 7 hours every day, so there's really no excuse. I expect I'll probably rip off his style to begin with. Never mind.

So today is the last day of Hell-week. Most of this week has been spent in my little glass monkey cage alternately interviewing student after student for level placement tests for the new session and making the teaching schedule for the month. On Wednesday I did my first ever fourteen hour shift. I kinda let the fatigue get on top of me and didn't make any effort to get to the gym, even this morning whenI woke upi at 5am I just allowed the luxury of warmth and comfort win out over hard work and reward. Too bad.
Today was just like the others this week. Interviews mostly, but I have made a strong start on a fresh list of questions that follow logically on from each other in both conversation and level assessment. I hope to have that done by at least next Tuesday, when Wonjang and I will be staging mock interviews for BK's Job Interview Preparation class.
Tonight I'm meeting JF and his university friend from Daegu for some soju and shellfish. It'll be nice to let off some steam from this stagnant week and meet some a new person in the bargain, but I want to be home at a reasonable hour because I want to do a lot of stuff tomorrow and can do without the hangover.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

I like to say things I don't mean.

Powered by Blogger